Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Monday, October 8, 2012

A Cotton Picking Good Time

     Yesterday after church, Salie and I decided to make a trip to Leachville. Daddy had to sleep and we're not good at being quite! My gradmother, Zaida, cooked Sunday dinner and we enjoyed time with Granddad, Nana, Ken, Pam, John, Jeremy, Justin, MawMaw, & Aunt Louise. It includes the works:  roast, potatoes, green beans, corn, broccoli casserole, macaroni & cheese, gravy, rice, fried okra, rolls, salads, and brownies. It was delicious!

     This woman amazes me. She is such a great example of a serving spirit and I hope to be more like her. I tell myself I need to make this trip more often. There is so much I can learn from her. She will be 80 years old next month, works 24 hours a week, keeps up with all her chores, cooks Sunday dinner, and has a new puppy! We love our MawMaw!

    We also seized the opportunity to introduce Salie to cotton since the field my grandmother's house sits in was ripe for picking. Salie cooperated very well for our mini photo shoot and enjoyed the softness of the cotton.

     Happy Monday!









No comments:

Post a Comment