So the Groundhog saw his shadow and 6 more weeks of winter sounded really sad but we have spent the majority of that time outside jumping on our new trampoline in this awesome weather! The girls love their Christmas gift. We experienced a very joyous month, celebrating another promotion for John!!!! (See next post for details) and I was named Employee of the 4th Quarter & Employee of the Year 2016 as well. Valentine's Day was fun and chocolate filled! John and I enjoyed an adult trip to NOLA to celebrate his choice 10 years ago to turn away from an unhealthy vice with lots and lots of yummy food, a Billy Joel concert, and some Hogs basketball. My husband was quoted during our road trip chit chat as saying "I'm just too lazy to have an affair on you". Isn't he romantic? He will never live this one down even though I know exactly what he meant! The girls both hit major growth spurts, outgrowing half of their winter wardrobes but I refuse to buy anything else warm this close to spring. Elliott is officially in 3T clothing now and our 4 year old has made it into 6/7 clothing. Elliott seems to be built more like John and Salie is built more like me. They are such perfect opposites!
Updates on our before mentioned new lifestyle: (1) We are paperwork and signatures away from being an open foster home, (2) Positivity is a daily challenge but I feel that I am making an effort, (3) we have yet to begin that new healthy approach and are now a month away from the end of the weight loss challenge (yikes!! - I lost 9 pounds and gained it all back), (4)We have spent the past month making some adjustments and budget cuts to our monthly bills and now plan to focus on daily cuts, (5) Reading more has not begun yet....I know that this needs to be a lifestyle change and if I continue to update, I hope to hold myself accountable to continue moving forward.
My absolute favorite quote of the month was completely unprompted. I hear Salie say "I just love you Sissy" to which Elliott says "I love you too. You my favorite." More fun quotes include:
"Lady Gaga, that's a funny name" - E during the Super Bowl half time show
"Is God really talking?" - S during a play at church
"I want a bird. A real bird that talks. A real bird that is outside. I want it on my shoulder." - E
"Donald Truck" - S talking about our new President
BOOKWORM
LOVES TO LEARN
SERIOUS HAIR BUSINESS
MOMMA NEEDS A NEW DO
MAKING FACES &
SWINING IN FEB
FEVER STINKS
GRAMMA V-DAY PACKAGE
WATCH ME DO BALLET
SWIMSUITS IN THE BATHTUB
LOVE
A CELEBRATION TRIP - 10 YEARS
NOLA - FRENCH MARKET
HOGS VS LSU
SHAQ WAS THERE!
I THINK THEY LIKE THEIR SOUVENIORS
TRYING KING CAKE
NOLA SOUVENIORS
SO PROUD OF DADDY'S SPECIAL GIFT
ROSELYNN, VIVIAN, & ELLIOTT
MOMMY'S GIRL & NEEDED DADDY'S BALLOON IN THE PIC
DADDY'S GIRL
BFF - HARPER
VALENTINE'S PARTY TIME
DADDY GOT HIS PRINCESSES A SPECIAL DELIVERY
SOME MORNINGS YOU LAY DOWN ON YOUR PONY
MUSCLES
THE FACES THIS CHILD MAKES WHEN SHE TALKS
READING BOOKS
LEARNING ALL THE TIME
BATHTIME GIGGLES
"I FORGOT MY WATER"
GETTING EARS CHECKED = ALL CLEAR
ALWAYS DRESSED TO THE NINES
No comments:
Post a Comment