Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Be More Positive! You Are My Sunshine!

I typically say that we don't do New Years Resolutions at this house. I refuse to call these New Years Resolutions but if you call it what it is, then these are probably the above mentioned. We decided that as a family we wanted to steer our family in a new direction this year and hopefully create a healthier lifestyle along the way. We all know that John is a bit more outgoing than me and I am a bit more organized than him. I always have a plan and he lives life in the moment. Together we are a good combination and compliment one another. We both feel a void when it comes to the purpose of our family lifestyle. John would love to fill that void by becoming missionaries in a foreign land and seeking God. I would like to fill that void in a more local way and seek God. After much thought and discussion, we have decided to make some changes this year to point us more toward God. These changes will require work and may be difficult along the way but we want to strive to make these changes permanent.

#1 
We have chose to become foster parents with the possibility of adoption. The Bible tells us to take care of each other and spread the gospel. We fill that we can take care of someone else's child in their time of need, teach that child the good news, and maybe teach their parents as well. We also want to practice what we are preaching to our girls: be kind, help others, tell other about Jesus, do God's will.

#2
We are going to be more positive. Actually, I am going to be more positive. John has no trouble being positive but I tend to let the negatively of the world suck me in and influence my attitude and those around me. I want my girls to be positive like their Daddy and I need to model that same attitude.

#3
We are going to get healthy. I educated patients every day on the benefits of healthy food and exercise. It is time I do what I say. I am striving to exercise for 30 minutes minimal at least 3 times per week. We are cooking at home, choosing healthier foods, and eating smaller portions. Nothing is considered an absolute no when it comes to junk food but there will be new limits that should have been there all along. I am also avoiding Dr. Pepper & potato chips, my absolute favorites, until April 3rd to try to win a weight loss completion at work! I don't think I can blame the weight on babies anymore now that they are 3 &4.

#4
We will be good stewards of our money, or better stewards at least. We are going to budget to try to reduce our debt as much as possible and be smarter with our purchases. We spend too much money feeding our faces. This means we have cut cable until further notice!

#5
We will read more. We will read lots of things but most of all we will incorporate a daily Bible study into our routines. Our girls love books but we have let the busy days take away some of the time that we used to spend reading. It's time to read more!

No one is perfect and I am sure that all these changes won't be instant and it will take a lot of work to make them last. I do feel confident that if we make these changes, 2017 may be our best year yet as the McKnight Circus!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment