Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Salie & Daddy's First Father's Day

     I can't even begin to explain how truly blessed Salie & I are to have John as a husband & father. This past Sunday was another of Salie's firsts & a first for John as well. Unfortunately, John spent most of Father's Day not feeling well but we enjoyed having him at home. Salie bought him a new pair of Calculus Toms, a razorback cheerleading outfit so she can help root for the Hogs, & 2 storybooks to share with Daddy.

     He is the best companion I could have ever imagined & an amazing father. No matter what, we always come first & never question his love for us. He is also the biggest kid I know & Salie's face lights up every time she sees him.

     We have visited Harrisburg twice in the last week or so because Salie's new baby cousin, Ryker, is in town from Oklahoma. He and Salie are 7 weeks apart & should be partners in crime in no time at all.

     Salie also experienced her first trip to the ER last night. This trip was not for her but for Daddy. Salie & I had just gotten home from VBS & I had tucked her in when I received a call that John had taken a line drive to the face during the second game of his double header & was being taken to the ER. I snatched her back out of bed, threw on a mismatched assortment of clothes, and rushed across town. She thought I was nuts! My parents arrived about 45 minutes later to take Salie back home but she had already seen lots of blood (not John's) & an inmate come through the ER doors. Not the kind of firsts I expected!

    John has a complex facial fracture involving his nose, cheek bones, & the bones around his eyes. He disconnected the frenulum (small piece of tissue that connects your upper lip & gums) requiring once stitch. We visited the dentist today were they repaired a broken tooth with a temporary crown & repaired 4 more. His bite is no longer aligned but they hope that as swelling reduces it will realign itself. We go to visit an ENT tomorrow to determine what needs to be done with the fractures. We are praying for no surgery & quick recovery.

    


Sunday, June 17, 2012


Oh What Trouble They Will Get Into Together!


I Love My Daddy This Much!


Visiting Salie's Baby Cousin Ryker


Ouch!


No comments:

Post a Comment