Mommy saw me for the first time! I'm only a few minutes old.
Healthy Baby Girl weighed in at 8 pounds 7 ounzes, 20 3/4 inches long.
Who do I look like?
Proud Parents
I already got my daddy's finger and I'm never letting go!
Salie Belle McKnight joined us on Friday, March 30th, 2012 at 2:04 pm. I went in Thursday night at 6:00 pm to start Cervadil (sp), a medicine to ripen my cervix. Contractions started immediately and were consistent but I could not feel them. At 6:00 am the next morning, I had dilated to 1 and we began pitocin to induce labor. I started feeling the contractions which were getting stronger and closer by the minute. Dr. Layton unsuccessful tried to break my water at 7:30 am and then again at 9:00, she was able to break my water. However, at every check I had not dilated any more than 1. The contractions really began hurting so they gave me a pain shot which knocked me loopy but I could still feel the pain. I then received an epidural which relaxed me but did not help with dilation. At 1:30, Dr Layton came to discuss a C-section since I had only made it to 2. She said we could wait till 5:00 but felt like it was necessary due to my failure to progress. We opted to go ahead and do it then. Salie was born at 2:04. John watched the entire C-Section and then joined Salie in the nursery. I got a quick glimpse of her and then spent a little while in recovery. We all reunited a little after three.
Salie weighed in at 8 pounds 7 ounces, 20 3/4 inches long, with a very healthy set of lungs. Of course, we feel that she is beautiful. She is full of personality already! She wants to be held at all times. We think she has her daddy's nose and complextion and her mommy's lips, fingers, and toes. She has lots of straight, dark hair with no curl yet. Her eyes are dark but have a grey tint to them so they may lighten up. She has quite a temper too but we're not sure where that came from!
It's absolutely amazing what God can do and how he has blessed our family! We instantly fell in love with Salie! We are getting ready to go home today. Salie gets to meet the rest of the circus! Wish us luck!
She looks like your brother!!
ReplyDelete