Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Adjusting to Life with a Newborn

     We officially survived week two! Things are getting a little easier and more routine. We've had a few rough nights but for the most part, Salie is eating about every 3 hours. We've had a few 4 hour stretches and a night where we only slept about 2 hours. She is starting to be awake more and more alert! I love to see her little expressions. The dogs have adjusted extremely well as you can see below.

    On Friday, we had our first lunch date out and went to HealthSouth to meet my coworkers. On Saturday, we spent the day cleaning and relaxing while the dogs went to the groomers.  We had a very busy Sunday making it to class and both church services, went out to lunch, and I went to a baby shower while John watched Salie. Yesterday, we went to the doctor for my 2 week check-up. Everything was good and I go back at 6 weeks.

  Last Monday, we attempted newborn pictures. I did everything that was suggested. I fed Salie right before picture time, warmed the house up, had her sound asleep, and as soon as the camera came out she began screaming. We screamed for 2 1/2 hours. The photographer said she had never met a newborn with such strong will. We didn't get many pictures but I am very anxious to see what we did get. I should receive the disk today and will be posting them on here asap. I bought the copyright so that we can share with everyone!

  
Sunday's Best
     


GO ROCKIES!



What a good big brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment