John and I had our first shower last Sunday, February 5th at Valley View Church of Christ. We vigorously spent all night Saturday and all day Sunday getting our closet and Salie's closet back in working order. Poor John worked himself to death with a cranky, hormonal slave driver by his side. He is so talented in so many ways. It never ceases to amaze me what he can accomplish when he puts his mind to it.
After 18 hours of college work, 8 hours of tutoring, 8 hours of refereeing, and 40 hours of working at Riceland with very little sleep, he completed our closet and Salie's and they are perfect! We now have two large shelving systems below our hanging clothes to house his fabulous shoe collection and our folded clothes. Plus it is a great jungle gym for the cats. As you will see below, Salie has plenty of room to hang her clothes and lots of storage. It didn't take long at all to fill the newly constructed closet once the paint dried. I believe she's going to be spoiled before she ever arrives!
My childhood friend's mother also stopped by last week to begin painting above Salie's crib. The diamond is completed and she will be coming back soon to paint Salie's initials inside in grey. We also purchased all the letters for the alphabet wall above the changer and painted them white. Now we have to decide which to polka dot and which to stripe. We received the bassinet cover and my grandmother is making some bassinet sheets for us too.
We had another doctor's appointment on Monday, February 6th. Salie was very active and in the correct position. I am measuring about a week ahead of schedule but did not get scolded for my weight this time. Yay! Her heartrate was 152 bpm and I was instructed to start paying attention to expected Braxton Hicks contractions. Salie has had the hiccups a few times recently too.
I ordered our stroller and car seat today and have our hospital bag packed. I can't believe how quickly the last 8 months have flown by. We will be attending a 6 hour childbirth class tomorrow at our hospital. Wish us luck!
Love the bassinet!
ReplyDelete