Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Monday, January 8, 2018

Our 2017 in Review

Good thing I didn't call them resolutions because we didn't succeed in keeping them 100%. We did however enjoy a year filled with fun, heartaches, and adventure. I think we did point ourselves more toward God though I know we can continue to strive to do better each year. W will continue in 2018 to make this new direction we are pointing toward a more permanent way of life.

#1
FOSTER CARE - We started the adventure and had 3 exhausting and rewarding months with a precious baby girl that taught us to not take our lifestyle for granted and showed us that we have the ability to love another person's child. We are taking a short break but plan to open our homes to more children in the near future.

#2
Positivity is a daily struggle for me but I have started making a conscious effort to be less vocal with my negativity and to chose to discuss the positive more and more.

#3
We are still really trying to push toward the healthy but food is both of our downfalls. I did go 30 days without Dr Pepper in the month of December, have been pretty consistent with walking for 30 minutes at least three times per week, and we have been cooking at home more and more. Time to get serious tho!

#4
We made it a year without cable and paid off a credit card but did not make ourselves good stewards of money. Time to get serious here as well.

#5
More Bible time and more reading time starts now.

I do not feel that we accomplished all our goals but we definitely pointed ourselves in the right direction. We will continue moving forward from here and working at these goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment