Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Thursday, February 28, 2013

11 Months Old

      A year ago this time, I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of our streak breaking McKnight girl. I felt like the day would never come that I would get to meet her. Four more weeks was all I could think! I was a walking blimp vigorously doing everything I could to prepare for the day she would arrive. Little did I know that a year later, I would be saying where has the time gone? How can four weeks seem so long and 11 months seem so short?
 
     As we approach Salie's first birthday, I have a whirlwind of emotions. I can't believe how fast she is growing, yet, I love watching her grow and learn everyday. She has developed such an adorable personality! Her newest trick is spitting her food out or blowing bubbles with it! She is sick at the moment but you sure can't tell it by these pictures.
 
     Her vocabulary has expanded quite rapidly. She now says, "Dada, Mama, ByeBye, Hi, & Nana" plain as day and she has her own renditions of "Granddad, Pepper, Thank You, & There It Is/There You Go". She says much more than that but we just haven't quite caught up with her yet!
 
     She is still an excellent sleeper (11 hours a night) in her crib with her blanket and choice stuffed animal each night. She still takes 3 bottles a day (Momma wants her to have milk until 1 year), uses a sippy cup for water & juice, drinks from a straw, eats all kinds of baby food, and is being introduced to finger foods. She loves her mum-mum and crunchie snacks and breakfast is her favorite meal. She has 6 teeth, the top middle 4 and bottom middle 2.
 
    She crawls everywhere in a spider monkey adaptation of a crawl, pulls up, cruises, stands alone, and is talking 2 or 3 steps. She will walk anywhere holding onto you. She loves to dance anytime she hears music and plays nonstop. Her Daddy is her hero and I assume he always will be! Button (our cat) and her are slowly becoming playmates and I have a feeling her & the dogs may be the death of me!
 
     She is truly pure joy and a blessing from God! Hope to see you all at her 1st birthday party! Dr Seuss is the theme, fun is the scheme!
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment