Salie turned 5 years old and celebrated with a Princess Crawfish birthday party. She invited all her friends to dress as their favorite princesses and be Tiana's "guests" at Tiana's restaurant. They enjoyed dressing up, making masks, and eating a spread of cheese balls, green grapes, cupcakes, and King cake. After the party, Salie hosted a crawfish boil for her family and chowed down. She was one happy birthday girl! We are so blessed by all the friends and family who came and celebrated this precious soul for her 5th birthday! Mrs. Lovon even had the sign out front send a Happy Birthday message to our Salie!
I can't hardly stomach the fact that this child is 5 years old. She is 4 foot tall and 50 pounds of pure joy. It seems like yesterday that I was catching a glimpse of her for the very first time and asking the doctor if she was really a girl. We instantly felt unconditional love for this perfect gift from God and have enjoyed watching her grow into the beautiful child she is today. She is so smart, energetic, talkative, inquisitive, mechanically minded, emotional, brave, loving, nurturing, sassy, hilarious, imaginative, honest, and the list continues...She was such an easy baby, fun toddler, challenging three year old when she found her sass, sponge-like four year old soaking up all that she could learn, and now she is 5! I can't wait to see what this year holds for her. She is learning to read, learning to manipulate numbers, learning our phone number & address, and so much more while playing soccer, taking swimming lessons, and enjoying gymnastics. I love her self-taught ballet skills, imaginative conversations, and silly made up words.
My favorite recent Salie quotes are:
"Whitley can't have goldfish, she is allergic to fish!"
"My work is called Bossy Sparagus. Mostly you talk about things and mostly boss"
I love my concussion! - referring to her concoction of Root Beer, Sprite, & Orange soda
"Mom I am going to just tell everyone I am five today because I am tired of waiting"
No comments:
Post a Comment