Welcome

We are so very blessed to have so many friends and family interested and desiring to stay updated with our crazy family. We look forward to our new addition and this crazy journey we are living!



Sunday, January 31, 2016

McKnight New Year's Resolutions

McKnight New Year's Resolution #1 Make NO New Year Resolutions!!

It sure is a good thing we didn't make any because it is the last day of January and I am just now making a blog post. This is just a little example of how behind I feel for 2016 after the first month has flown by! I will post pictures later to show all the fun we have had but I had to go ahead and write a little something so January at least has a post. We started the new year with a very special new addition, Shaylee Jade, who arrived on the 1st to proud parents, Ty & Terri Beach (our cousins), and big sister, Terrin. Can't wait to go visit and hold her soon.

We came home tonight after our Church's Children's Bible Hour performed songs and memory verses before the congregation. Salie did so well and Elliott joined in from the pew. Our children are blessed to be so immersed in God's word at such young ages by the wonderful teachers we have at Valley View COC. Their favorite was probably the song "Mighty Mighty Christian".

Favorite Salie quotes this month include:

"Doh Doh came from the pizza place. First he was a man and now he is a girl. I am his Nanny." - explaining a bit more about her imaginary friend Doh  Doh.

"I'm really snuggly"

"Daddy needs his rest." as she pats him on the head to let him keep napping.

"Daddy you're a good man"

"I'm just so frustrated"

"She's my best friend"

'This is Fab-A-Lous!" about Daddy's dinner

"That's why I'm going to Nana's house. So she can take care of me."

Salie enjoyed her first Daddy/Daughter Banquet at church in a new fancy dress and shoes, she has been teaching us all to ice skate on the hardwood floors, playing Mommy or School with her dolls, and has a head nod/eye roll sassy sigh perfected these days. Can you tell she is a Daddy's girl?

Favorite Elliott quotes this month include:

"Need Bible story"

"Dear God, thank you so much Gramma. Amen"

"The spider coming!' - referring to a movie they watched at the beginning of December.

"I not feel happy, I sad."

"I got them from God" in reference to where her curls came from

"I not want to be lost!" - listening to Mommy & Salie's conversation

"I got out!" referring to school everyday

"I not need nap. I not sleepy."

"My baby sick, need go doctor, need shot"

"You sick. You got temperature. You not feel good. Here you medicine. You feel better."

"Want you bed." - I said no she was too wild - "No, I little."

E rolls over in bed at 4:30 am on one of the nights she had been sick and loudly sings "Chocolate Fondue!" to my face from a Frozen song.

Elliott loves to grab her dolls by the hands and dance while singing Frozen songs, she got her first haircut this month, climbed all the way up her dresser/changing table by herself, got her first pigtails by her teacher at daycare, and has been sick too often this month.

Both girls are absolutely living in their Elsa, Anna, & Belle pajama nightgowns and the phrases "Me First" "I Beat You" & "Got the Trophy" are heard constantly around our home.

We (I) am in the process of sorting through all our baby items including clothing sizes 0 -24 months to sell at our big consignment sale in town mid-February and it is way more work than I have motivation for these days! These two little girls have been very well clothed and very much loved! I absolutely love watching their friendship grow and blossom. Now, our next endeavor is no more diapers! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment